Technorati Profile PacificNorthwestPaintings: Drum head painting - work in progress

7/21/2008

Drum head painting - work in progress


No new daily paintings this week yet as I have been busy on a very special commission. I was asked to paint a 22" synthetic drum head to be used for display only on the front of a set of drums. The giftee wanted a view of the area he grew up in, the Sawtooth Mountains of Idaho. So, this is Saddlebacks Lake and about phase 4. I expect to finish it in a day or two. So, I'd say he's a lucky musician to have such a caring and thoughtful girlfriend as to do this for him, wouldn't you? Here it is finished and installed on the drum. Looks great, he says!

Labels: , , ,

PURCHASE HERE

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT IA ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! WHAT TYPE OF PAINT DID YOU USE??

4:55 AM  
Anonymous PacificNorthwestPaintings said...

I gessoed the drum surface, then painted it in oil. :)
Thanks, glad you like it.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home