Technorati Profile PacificNorthwestPaintings: Seattle Skyline in progress

5/20/2008

Seattle Skyline in progress


Well, this is a bit of a departure for my usual style, but it's really been fun to do something a little different.

This work is for a show I am entering, "Red, White or Blue" and requires the artists to use a monochromatic palette with only the addition of black and white. Soooo, I selected white. At some point, I decided to add a vertical element to the work and it became a diptych. I mean, who could ignore the Space Needle? The Space Needle is a bit north of the downtown view I used for the skyline, so the diptych just *worked*.

Labels: , , , ,

PURCHASE HERE

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very different for you and I like it. I'd love to go up in the Space Needle!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Joyce said...

I like what you have done here. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a larger view when I clicked on the picture.

You do monochromatic beautifully also.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and to think, i painted a lot of those buildings downtown, even been on the roof of spaceneedle with a spray gun in hand in 1968...and u have capatured my work...lol..lol..Gary

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Recipe Spooning said...

Interesting thoughts I really enjoyed your blog

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home