Technorati Profile PacificNorthwestPaintings: "Six-Mile Hike"

9/27/2006

"Six-Mile Hike"


SOLD
This painting is one done from a photo taken by a young friend when we went on a six-mile hike. My first ever! The scenery was so gorgeous though that we didn't much notice the length of the hike. It was relatively smooth and the light filtered through the trees - highlighting the incredible variety of flora. What a pretty place, don't you? I hope I've managed to convey the depth of color and the way the shadows fell across the path. The intense sun just brushed the tops of the trees. The hike began just out of Sekui, Washington and led from the lake down to the ocean at a very gradual slope. Really an incredibly beautiful place. This painting was sold to a lovely woman in Illinois. I've included the reference photo also. The painting is 11 x 14 on gallery wrapped canvas.

Here is a note I received from the collector when she received her painting:

"We received Six Mile Hike today and IT IS WONDERFUL!!!!! I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!! Oh, I am sooo excited!!! It is absolutely gorgeous !!!! THANK YOU SO, SO MUCH!!!! I promise that we will give it a good home and will admire it all of our days!!!! Ohhh myyyyy yyessss!!!!! Thanks so much, Colleen!!!!!
EK, Illinois PURCHASE HERE

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colleen, I love your painting the six mile hike, beautiful and of course all of them are beautiful. We do a lot of hiking and that picture really touched me. Terrie

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colleen, I love your painting the six mile hike, beautiful and of course all
of them are beautiful. We do a lot of hiking and that picture really touched
me. Terrie

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home