Technorati Profile PacificNorthwestPaintings: Abstract Sunfleurs" Mixed media on paper

4/21/2006

Abstract Sunfleurs" Mixed media on paper

SOLD
"Abstract Sunfleurs" Now, admittedly, this is not an oil painting as I promised. But, it IS a painting that has received a lot of attention and requests for prints and greeting cards, so I decided to share it here. I may in fact, be again offering prints soon. Odd thing, I entered it in two different juried exhibits and it was rejected both times. However, I could have sold it many many times over. Life's strange, isn't it?

It's a fun piece and one I really enjoyed doing a few years back. It's painted with a watercolor wash to begin with, then the flower shapes were picked out of the dried wash and enhanced with pastels. I finished it all up with sepia ink! That's it.

I'll post print and greeting cards prices again as I am waiting for a new quote. Thanks for taking a peek! Check back again soon! PURCHASE HERE

5 Comments:

Blogger Joyce said...

I like this sunflower picture. I, too, had a love affair with sunflowers for awhile. I think they are out of my system now!

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

11:06 PM  
Blogger "van Vliet" Art Blog said...

I love this piece. Very good feel with the technique you have used here. This is definately a way of painting that you should expand on. I linked to your site as part of a post on "Painting A Day" culture. Gordon van Vliet is an fine oil painter working from his studio in Rochester, New York. Direct painting similiar to Sargent, Manet, Keiser, Jurick and others. He is sold on ebay and locally. He paints figure and portrait work and likes to put these images various settings to create a sense of action, drama and suspense.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home